Saturday, July 3

Recent Events

Cat Pendulum ClockSince I last wrote my wife and I have moved halfway across the continent, started new jobs, and after renting a place for a short while we are now in the final stages of buying a new home.

On a financial note we've both set up self-directed retirement accounts that we'll fund via automatic payroll deductions. The mortgage we are getting will be paid back on a bi-weekly schedule and we'll be able to make small over-payments any time we want if we feel it's a good idea to pay down the principle.

If things slow down maybe I'll soon starting posting more often.

Hmm, with the depth of our downturn I wonder how many people that used to look down on those facing hard times have now faced hard times themselves?

I actually feel uncertain about posting about our own positive events given the level of hardship out there these days. It's where we are. It's what I can most authentically write about...

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be glad it is not you. Good luck.

Cindy said...

Hope the move went well and you enjoy your new community

FindSavings said...

I think there is so much negativity out there, that advice on how to make it better or to at least hear a positive story makes ones day go better.

Frugal Guy said...

Anon, Cindy, Find,

Thanks for leaving you thoughts. It's good to get a second opinion sometimes.

On this end we've just spent a weekend moving our belongings and probably have one more big weekend before we get into the new place.

Chris said...

I too have been through some hard financial times, but I'm glad to say that I think the clouds are finally starting to seperate for myself and many others.

Damita said...

Hope the move went well, just stumbled across your blog, I am sure a lot of people are facing similar problems, I think more than ever we have to be more frugal just to be able to afford food on the table.

cindy said...

I found you the frugal way,
just wondering when you will start to post more often?

Don't worry you haven't put anyone down while you were coming back up. Everyone has to survive one way or another.

I absolutely need to share my frugal with you as it will make your day.
I hope to see you in the blog world again soon.

come see at http://tinyurl.com/39nm8un