Saturday, April 11

Blog Directory Updates

Grokodile BlogIt has been quite a while since I've mentioned Grokodile. This is the blog directory that I've been slowly working on over the last couple of years.

Anyway, since I have recently started to participate on Twitter I've found that it can be very useful for discovering useful information. For example, if you follow TechCrunch you'll be kept up to date on what is happening the tech community.

I've added a local twist to this when integrating Twitter into Grokodile.

First, you can add your Twitter ID to your Grokodile entry. People viewing your community can follow your tweets in a few simple clicks. Second, in each community that has people who have identified themselves as being local, there will be a short list of local tweople in the sidebar. For example, take a look at Toronto.

Perhaps the best example I can think of for why this is useful involves traveling. This makes it easy to find local blogs and tweople so that you can talk to real people about places to stay and things to do.

I've added a post about this to the Grokodile blog as well. Please let me know if you have any ideas how I can make the directory more useful -- as I know a plain old directory isn't that exciting anymore.

P.S. Yes, entrepreneurial pursuits are related to personal finance issues... ;)

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool but, Twitter is it!!! lol

Frugal Guy said...

Anon,

I know. It's not that easy to make a directory interesting these days... and realistically, I don't think I'll be inventing the next Twitter.

Interestingly, it seems that the people who most often want to promote a blog are the ones that don't have any real content to promote.

I see all kinds of people submitting made for adsense blogs who simply republish content from article directories.

I think many real bloggers with a personal blog feel that don't have anything worth adding to a directory... but those are exactly the types of blogs I'd rather list.

Anyway, if you, or anyone, have ideas for making the directory interesting to bloggers, or those who read blogs, feel free to give me some suggestions.

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog. You may want to do a post on things that are money pits and how to avoid them such as luxury cars ect.. Take care.

Anonymous said...

How about a post on how to make money off of your home with equity ect or a post on how to lower expenses related to living in today's economy?

Garden tips said...

Good blog. Some great tips, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Another idea is doing a blog on how not to impulse shop and buy items that will never be used. These sit in the closet and end up in the garbage can.

lisa2276 said...

I just listed my frugal living blog on Grokodile. I didn't know about this, thanks for passing on the information.

Lawrence said...

Now I'm interested in checking out Grokodile. Thanks!