Saturday, April 12

Back From The Brink

Who wants some?Up from the depths, 30 stories high, breathing fire, his head in the clouds. Godzilla, Godzilla, Godzilla!

Okay, that may be a slight over dramatization, maybe, but I'm feeling pretty good. It's nice to have a budget and, simultaneously, an income that supports it. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Though I was recently feeling overwhelmed with the concept of actually spending money, I think I'm good. Habits are habits, after all. On the weekends I'll end up cooking up a nice batch of chili, which is good enough to induce drooling at the mere mention of it, and most likely I'll fire up the steam engine, otherwise known as a rice cooker, and cook up a hefty batch of that also.

It's simply not possible to waste money on food if you are cooking and eating low priced, home cooked and healthy meals. Well, it might be possible, but you'd probably have to work at it.

Additionally, I'm now in the habit of making sandwiches for lunch. I know I could take a tupperware container full of chili or something, but I can't be bothered to drag dishes back and forth from work. When I take things to work it is generally a one way trip!

Anyway, it will soon be time to think about figuring out things such as debt repayment and so on. Not today though. For couple of weeks I'm just going to bask in the pleasure of not having to worry about so many things. It's been a while since I've had a chance to put that load down.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

14 comments:

Amiyrah said...

Good for you! So happy for you and your new status in life.

Anonymous said...

Great job!! Good luck and keep it up!! I knew it. Things can only get better. Fleetwood Mac "Don't stop thinking about tommorow!! Annette

Ron said...

I have the same problem with bringing things to work (ie - tupperware.)

To solve the problem I brought the materials to make my lunches to work -- a loaf of bread, some sandwich meat, even a head of lettuce. With the proper storage @ work I can make everything last a whole work week.

I received some jabs in jest from my co-workers at first, but then many of then caught on that I was saving myself the aggrivation of leaving things at work. Another benefit is that I never could "leave" my lunch at home by accident! lol

Its great to see that you're back on your feet again.

Anonymous said...

Oh no my tupperware blew up in the Nuke!! Oh crap there goes another $2.00 down the drain. We need cheaper tupper crap!!!

Anonymous said...

They have it cheap at the dollar store, all hope is not lost!!!

Anonymous said...

The Economy SUCks you don't know how lucky you are!!! Have a great weekend and don't sweat the small stuff. You are doing good!! People are starving and losing jobs everyday here in the good old USA!!

Joe said...

Hello,
I am curious, since you now have a budget, what you use to track it? I have created a
FREE online budget tracking application which is so easy to use. Just start entering transactions and the budgets and accounts are created as you go. Maybe you could try it out and let your readers know what you think? Also, if you'd be interested in reciprocal links, I would be too.
I'd have sent you all this in an email, but could not find your contact info in the blog....
Thanks,
Joe
http://www.checkthebudget.com

Nicole said...

Hey! You left us hanging. I loved this blog. Hope you'll be back soon, but I am happy for you!

Frugal Guy said...

Nicole,

Sorry, I know. Life is extremely busy these days and I don't have the energy to put together posts -- but things will slow down again!

Anonymous said...

Ya we miss you but, we understand. You would put more time into it if you got paid. You would be a good financial analyst. Hey you wealthy people out there offer up some money to him and you will get richer. He has been a great help to me. Thanks and take care.

Anonymous said...

MONEY TALKS SO HE IS ON HIS JOB!!

Anonymous said...

Hey how about a geust blogger on your sight?? Where is Donald Trump when you need him???

Frugal Guy said...

Heh, I know I've been falling behind in my blogging duties!

Between work and having a family I find I have less time to be creative and figure out an angle to write about.

I would like to write more often...

Anonymous said...

good for you but try being a senior on a very fixed income with a huge debt and no assets - bah humbug, in this situation all because I chose to believe in a man for 45 years and taking an early retirement.