Saturday, March 8

AdBrite Review: Negative

Thumbs Down!In my ongoing effort to find a way to monetize my blog I recently signed up for AdBrite.

It seemed like a great idea. I could manually approve any offered advertising and avoid low quality material. When there were no advertisers available my Adsense would be shown by default. Unfortunately, the only advertising that AdBrite could offer was very low quality run of network material.

Eventually, I was sent an email suggesting that my site did not measure up to their "standards" and they requested I remove their code. I talked with their support folks a few times and it came down to the fact that it was costing them bandwidth and they were not earning anything.

I suggested they consider the long term ramifications of rejecting sites with higher standards -- as you can imagine what their network will eventually look like, but nonetheless, they deactivated their code and I had to remove it.

In short, if you are only willing to show quality advertising, don't bother with AdBrite unless your blog or site is very popular and in a niche that will support a lot of advertising. Hint: that niche is probably not frugality.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They blow!! You will find better. Good luck and have a nice week. Annette

Frugal Guy said...

:)

northpine said...

I am glad that you wrote this it's informative, I am also looking for ways to monitize my blog, anyway if you don't mind I put a link to your blog on mine. I think you have great content.

corrin said...

wow - that's no way to treat someone!

Amiyrah said...

Wow....keep clicking on your page waiting for a new post, but alas...still the same one from March 8th. I'm starting to suffer from withdrawl! lol

Jerry said...

I have had good luck with Kontera. They offer in text advertising and it does not get in the way at all.

I usually get a check for 125 to 150 every two months.

Martinique said...

the irony here is hilarious

Sally Tinch said...

Good for you. As a fellow blogger, I'm glad to know about this.

Eric said...

In short, Adbrite ripped me off!!! I decided to give them a try and advertise my website in their marketplace and after i signed up and created my campaign then a while later i was trying to do some edits and i paused it but even though i did they kept charging my credit card for over 3 days after and i e-mailed their support million of times to get a refund with no use :'(
Moreover, the quality of traffic they bring is useless cheap junk traffic.

Whether you are going to advertise in their marketplace or monetize your website traffic..Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Frugal Guy said...

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I'm sure this will be helpful to those that are lucky enough to find it.

Perhaps the name Adbite might be more suitable for this organization?

Leo Sigh said...

I'm about to take AdBrite of all my blogs. They're useless.

NO ads showing, except "Advertise Here" ads, and I make a lot more money through Google Adsense.

I'd say stay away from AdBrite. A waste of time.