Wednesday, December 12

Winter Chili Soup Stew

Chili RulesFirst, an apology to vegetarians. There was no shortage of meat in today's dinner. I have to say though, I do respect people who feel strongly enough to make this choice. I'll never be a vegetarian, but when they invent fake meat, perhaps cloned and grown in vats, I'll buy it.

Anyway, back to the evening meal...

I was thinking maybe some chili would be nice. Brown up some spicy beef and then fire up the old stock pot. Dig around the kitchen and find various types of beans. So, kidney beans and some mixed bean medley. Throw in some chicken vegetable soup. Cut up some turkey meatballs and throw them in. A dollop of barbecue sauce. A splash of olive oil. Leftover rice. Maybe a can of mushroom soup instead of something tomato based for a change. Various spices. Vegetables if you like them.

It was excellent!

Making chili or stew seems like a recycling project. You can toss in a bunch of leftovers, have a nice meal, and then put a whole new bunch of leftovers back in the fridge or freezer. What fun.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Stew it's what's for dinner. Annette

Frugal Guy said...

Annette, you betcha! :p

mulberry204 said...

I had very good luck bulk food buying from walton bulk food in Indiana. You can get just about anything. I used to buy 50# bags of soybeans (for my soy milk machine), oat meal (I love raw oatmeal), beans, etc.