Saturday, December 29

Frugal Resolutions 2008

Happy New Year!It's time to look at the past year and figure out how we might be able to do better with our choices and our lives. It's not always a fun process, but then, that's probably a signal that it is something worth doing.

At the moment I have two resolutions. Well, I have at least steeled my resolve and come to accept that they are things I must do:

  • Rejoin the rat race.
  • Improve my dietary habits.
Starting with the second, my diet has been atrocious lately. From the stress of pregnancy (my partners, not mine) to the sleeplessness of having a newborn, I've been pushed out of my habits. Never mind the fact that Christmas season and visiting relatives have been added to the mix. Needless to say both how much I've eaten and what I've eaten have been somewhat out of control.

As for the first, I had been telecommuting from home part time as well as working on developing an online income. Since frugal people are so stingy, I certainly haven't been making anything from this blog! More seriously, my web efforts have slowly started to bring in more income, but they aren't enough to rely on alone. So, with historic debts still hanging around my neck, it is time to enter the rat race and throw some income at things for a good while.

On the eating habits front, I intend to start another calorie cycling diet. I've blogged about this before, it's basically alternating low calorie periods with normal calorie periods -- and I've had success with it before. For work, I'm very much trying to break out of my previous career path and slip into somewhat of a new field. Of course, that makes my job search all the more challenging. We'll quickly see how that goes once the new year starts.

Best of luck in 2008!

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Good luck with the new resolutions! I've been trying to work on my health as well recently, I just find myself developing unsustainable habits and I think its time to get it together. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

I have to give up soda pop, candy, baked goods, exercise more and get better control of my budget to pay off debts. It is like something always comes up such as car problems and ect... Happy New Year to all!!!