Saturday, September 22

Free Stats From Google Analytics

Anybody who takes blogging seriously keeps track of their statistics. While most people are aware of services like StatCounter, which offer basic statistics for free, Google also provides free stats services. The advantage of Google, as opposed to StatCounter, is that Google does not limit the number of raw visits that it will keep track of.

Here is a snapshot of interesting data regarding visitors to this blog:

Browser  % visits
Internet Explorer  74.93%
Firefox20.23%
Safari3.56%
Opera0.47%
Netscape0.42%
  
Connection Speed% visits
Cable35.41%
DSL27.42%
Unknown20.80%
T18.14%
Dialup5.80%

It was interesting to see how many people are using the Firefox browser (download and try , I like it) and how few people appear to be left on dialup.

Google Analytics is located here.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

6 comments:

Mrs. Micah said...

Thanks, Frugal Guy.

I signed up with them. Probably will keep sitemeter too.

Frugal Guy said...

Hi Mrs. Micah, glad to help. :)

I know that many of my blog readers are also bloggers themselves... and with the recent spate of top NN site postings out there, statistics seems to be the order of the day.

Personally, I like statcounter for real time visitor details, while analytics is great for keeping historical and conversion information -- once set up.

Anonymous said...

Interesting!! Have a nice weekend!! Annette

David Pierson said...

The prob with Analytics is that it takes so slow for stats to be refreshed (24h at some times), I love statcounter for the instant stats and their layout much better IMO.

rchmura said...

Another great web stats option is GoStats. It should not go un-noticed. :)

Frugal Guy said...

Annette, David, Rchmurah, thanks for the notes.

There certainly are a lot of ways to track visitor statistics. I only have personal experience with statcounter and Google, but I'm sure there are many other good ones that deserve mention.