Tuesday, July 24

Fire Sale Prices

Well, I'm moving, so I haven't had a chance to think and write about a frugality related topic.

However, I need a bit of a break, so here is a short note.

When people are moving, such as myself, there is often a desire to simply be done with the process. Perhaps many of the things you own will not fit in your new location. Perhaps you don't want to transport your larger belongings a long distance. Perhaps you haven't left enough time and need to find a way to vacate the premises in time for the next occupant.

Myself, I've still got an entire week before I need to be gone. Yay for me!

Anyhow, I've still unloaded some of my furniture at fire sale prices. I've had it for years. I no longer need it. I won't need to replace it in the forseeable future. I don't want to have to move it.

The moral of the story? Fire sales are happening all over the planet on a daily basis. Figure out where they are and take advantage of them! Or, on the flip side, plan things far enough ahead that you aren't forced into a fire sale mentality.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, I would sure buy stuff there!!! I always need stuff !! Thanks and good luck moving!!! Annette

Frugal Guy said...

Hi Annette, thanks!

The move is now over... and while we are still adjusting to the stress of the move, it's great to be getting things organized and so forth.