Thursday, June 21

Annual Fishing Trip

Well, I have been decidedly anti-frugal just lately. You see, it's time for my annual fishing trip. Several buddies and myself take off to a relatively uninhabited area, with no electricity, and do some fishing and a lot of beer drinking.

I can't say it's cheap. The snacks and junk food aren't cheap. The beer isn't cheap. The gas to get there and the rent once we do isn't cheap.

Who cares! I'm going fishing... no highways, no cell phones, no television. Just some lapping water on a couple different lakes and wind blowing through the leaves of trees. Maybe the odd loon call.

Priceless.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

6 comments:

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Dude, that is why you are frugal the rest of the time, so you can enjoy a few things like that in life, guilt free. Obviously this is one of those things that MATTERS to you.

The problem is that many folks think everything matters--and you cant have and do everything and stay solvent, at least not on an average salary :)

Have fun, and don't forget to put sunscreen on your nose and the top of your ears (which is what my hubby always forgets when motorcycling and hunting-and you can say "yes mom" and roll your eyes now)

Anonymous said...

It sounds great. You can save the money by eating the fish you catch too. Fish is good with spices baked,steamed or fried. Have a blast. Annie

KeRobinson said...

Uh yep! I agree w/ Jenn!
Besides, if ya wanna get down to the gritty, divide dollar amt spent by number of hours and that's a lot of value for your money!

Tracy said...

Jenn is absolutely right; if we can't toss it all and have a great time occasionally, what are we saving for?

possumliving.blogspot.com

Corrin said...

Sounds like fun...have a good time!

Frugal Guy said...

Aw, thanks for the supporting comments everyone. I appreciate the advice...