Sunday, April 1

Rice Cooker Bliss

I've cooked up two loads of rice in my new cooker so far. It's incredible.

The feeling I get using it is akin to the satisfaction I get when cooking with the crock pot. It's insanely productive because it doesn't take any of my own time or effort once I hit the on button. I don't even have to pay attention to the cook time, as it gives a beep when the rice is done, then flips to "stay hot" mode in case I'm not watching things too closely.

Anyway, I've got little single serving size containers of rice in the fridge and the freezer at this point. I have to buy some onions now, as I really enjoy frying some onions in butter. Green peppers, water chestnuts, chick peas and bean sprouts are some of the other vegetable choices that come to mind.

No, I didn't "forget" peas, carrots or corn!

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

5 comments:

A GROWN AZZED WOMAN said...

You go boy!

Frugal Guy said...

Thanks. I visited your blog, it's good. I like the no/low spend day concept myself...

A GROWN AZZED WOMAN said...

Thank-you Frugal Guy! I enjoy reading your Rice Chronicles, lol

~Dawn said...

I love rice with either lots of butter or with gravy on it. YUMMMM!

Zachary said...

My kind of cooking. Very frugal of you!