Today's post is a short meme. It's very simple. Please write a post about one thing you do well and one thing you do poorly with respect to saving and spending money.
Personally, I do very well with my food expenses. Foods like oatmeal and rice are very cheap and I save a lot of money by including them in many meals. However, one area I handle poorly is loading up on popcorn and soda at the theatre. The cost of that would buy enough oatmeal or rice to last a month!
No, I don't lose sleep at night because of it, but I do notice it. Hmm, I also pay rent instead of a mortgage, for now, and that feels like a complete waste. I guess that is a bit more significant.
1. Write a blog post based on this meme's theme. See above.
2. In your post please link to the Frugal Living Meme post and mention that you are participating in the meme. This will let people who are new to memes read these guidelines without cluttering up you post.
3. Feel free to add a comment to this post. I'm not sure about blogspot and trackbacks, but I have removed the "nofollow" tag from my template for the comment URL field. So, be sure to hit "other" and type in your name and URL manually when you leave a comment.
4. Also, please link back to the person that tagged you for this meme, if anyone did, in order to return the favor of their tag link to you. It's not necessary to be tagged in order to participate... meme's are just an easy way to generate ideas for a post and exchange some links.
5. If you are comfortable with doing so, tag some other bloggers to get them to write about their own spending habits. Just about everyone has good and bad monetary habits, so this meme need not be limited to only frugality bloggers.
6. Enjoy the link love that participation brings!
I'm going to tag the frugality blogs that I have on my blogroll. They may or may not feel inclined to participate, but I hope so, if we can get a lot of people to participate, it should provide a lot of good ideas for future blog posts - for all of us.
A Grown Azzed Woman
Broke As A Spoke