Sunday, March 4

Saturday's Sunday Drive

My girlfriend and I spent the day in the car yesterday. Because of the distance involved the cost wasn't insignificant, but it was a really nice day. We decided to just keep going and pay a visit on a friend of mine who had just had a significant birthday.

While we did drop in unannounced we didn't stay very long so I'm sure it couldn't have been too inconvenient. Besides, it was a great way to casually introduce my girlfriend to my friend and his family.

Since the whole day was rather spontaneous we did break a few frugality rules! We didn't bring much by way of home made food or drinks for the trip. We did however stop to buy overpriced snacks including a quick pick up at McDonalds.

In all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable day all around... so if you are living frugal, don't let it become such a big deal that it won't let you enjoy unplanned off the cuff moments because they aren't fiscally controlled.

NOTE: Included in this week's Festival of Frugality post.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

1 comments:

Corrin said...

Sounds like a nice day, and it was probably one of the cheaper ways to spend the day if you guys are anything like my boyfriend and I!