Friday, March 30

My PayPerPost Experiment

Those of you who read my blog regularly, all one or two of you, will recall that I mentioned PayPerPost (PPP) before.

So far I have only taken one opportunity. You see, unlike many of the Posties, that is what PapPerPost members who write blogs call themselves, I am only willing to blog about things that I would naturally add to my blog. I guess I am more interested in my blog integrity than pumping out posts on all kinds of different topics.

I'm not getting rich!

I've made a total of about $6 through my PPP blog writing efforts. However, writing this post, telling you about my earnings, is another opportunity. So, I'll soon have a total of approximately $16 of earnings.

Each opportunity may have a differing value based on the post requirements. Usually you need to include one or more links. Often you may be asked to include a supplied image. Sometimes you'll be asked for a positive, negative or neutral tone. There are a few other criteria, such as the quality of your blog, that might also have to be met. Like I said before, there are only certain opportunities I'm actually willing to take.

If you aren't aware, there is quit a bit of disagreement in the blogging community about whether or not paid posting is appropriate. Some people feel that it is important to know when something is a commercial message and not simply commentary. I'm not sure how I feel yet. I'm willing to try it out, but I'm not willing to take opportunities that would damage the integrity of my blog.

What do you think of this? Should I avoid it at all costs? Why not make some money with something I'm doing anyway? Please comment...

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

5 comments:

Corrin said...

I'm a "Postie" and I've made over $3,000 since last August, so I'm obviously a fan. I may talk about things I wouldn't have prior to the opportunity, but I think that expands my blog's horizons, and I don't take anything I can't relate back to my everyday life.

Frugal Guy said...

Corrin, wow, that's a lot of coin!

~Dawn said...

If you can work it into your site and it makes sense to you and to your readers, why not.

Frugal Guy said...

Thanks for the "vote" Dawn.

Lawrence said...

I'm not the biggest fan. I prefer to just keep it organic.