Friday, February 23

Review My Post

Well, I can't imagine how you would miss it, but I have added an offer from PayPerPost to the bottom of all my posts. Basically, if your blog is active and has been online for several months, then you can review my post and earn some revenue from PayPerPost.

The idea is that from that point on you will be a "postie" and participate in the PayPerPost system. Well, that's the idea from the point of view of PayPerPost. The idea from my point of view is that if they do accept your review, then I will earn a referral fee for getting you to join their network.

I'm considering writing paid posts using this blog. This is not one, since I have not been accepted into the network yet. Apparently I have not been writing often enough to qualify! So, now, I'm endeavoring to be more of a spendthrift with my words. Hey, don't get me wrong, frugality is great, but it's a lot nicer to be frugal by choice than it is to be frugal by necessity.

Strange how that works...

Update: I didn't like the look of the banner on the bottom of every post. While I'm not against commercial activity in blogs, I also don't want to ruin my blog.

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Just out of curiosity-I have thought about adding advertising to my blog, but then again, it seemed somehow wrong to be writing about frugality and then encouraging folks to spend money through advertising. . . .

Frugal Guy said...

Hi Jenn, I know what you mean. I am thinking of making my blog more of a personal blog, themed around frugality, to let me broaden my writing a bit.

This will let me write more often and it will let me write about things other than only posts related to frugality. Even so, I think it will be a challenge to integrate sponsored posts into a frugal blog.

Pat said...

It might be harder to insert sponsors into posts without sounding awkward, but if the sponsors were chosen carefully it might not be so hard. I've thought about this myself, but my blog isn't old enough yet.