Tuesday, July 11

Feeling the Pressure

Well, sometimes you have to spend money to save money. Yes, it's true. I don't just mean spending more when you find a bargain either. I mean that sometimes something you buy can be used as a tool to help you spend your money more efficiently. And no, smarty pants, I'm not talking about a calculator either.

Okay, enough games. I bought a tire pressure gauge earlier today. It was a moderately priced tire pressure gauge, compared to some of the very fancy ones available. I don't know why I'd need to spend $40 to have the latest dual head digital plastic tire gauge so that it could break or require new batteries. No, I have a plain metal doohicky which costs about $7. There were cheaper ones there, but I felt if I looked at them too long them might disintegrate.

Anyway, I'm sure I don't have to explain the purpose of this thing. I mean, beyond just checking the tire pressure, I can save on gasoline spending. Sure, it's possible that if I happen to have magic tires on my car which stay at the perfect pressure year round for the life of the car I may have wasted a few dollars. However, I don't know about you, but I rarely have to worry about having magical perfection in any part of my life. And no, that's a reality, certainly not a complaint.

So, yes, from time to time I tend drive a fair distance. About once a month I'll do a four hour round trip. About once a year I'll do a sixteen or thirty-two hour round trip. Mostly though I drive myself to the gym, to the store and sometimes even to the movie theatre. Yes, yes, I know, it is cheaper to watch rentals, but I find I rent way too many and don't really save any money that way.

Did I go off topic again?

I figure if I can save somewhere in the vicinity of a gallon of gas for a two hour drive then I'll have earned back my money in two months. From then on I'll be raking in the cash and rolling in the dough. Well, actually, I'm sure that won't be the case, but I will be spending a little bit less on gas for a long period of time. I may just end up with a few extra dollars in my pockets from time to time. That can only enhance my lifestyle and improve my chances of finding that elusive magical perfection.

Right?

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.