Saturday, March 11

Yummy Chicken

Well, no matter how frugal you are trying to be, you'll eventually need to eat a variety of foods. Even I can't live on ground beef and sausages all of the time -- though I can most of the time. Lately, and perhaps it is because summer is nearing and I'd like to lean out a bit, I've developed a hankering for some chicken.

I'm sure I don't have to sell you on all the great qualities of chicken as a food. However, you can save a lot of money buying the less popular cuts of chicken. Basically, this means chicken thighs in my neck of the woods. Chicken thighs are much cheaper than chicken breasts. I do punk out and get them skinless and boneless already though.

While you can obviously eat the chicken thighs as is, once cooked, you can also cook them up and then incorporate them in other dishes. Soups, stews, rice and pasta all come to mind. Hmm, Im starting to get hungry! I've got a whole mass of chicken thighs to go cook up, I'll be back later...

Tags: ,

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, I just wrote about chicken thighs over on my site today. It must be a psychic connection!

Mom2fur said...

Don't forget about using them for enchiladas and tacos--yum!

Jenn said...

I like when you write, but you don't seem to post very often :(

ChangeMe said...

I know Jenn, but, things are looking up!

My day job ends in a few more days, so that I can focus on writing (and blogging) instead. Oh, I can't wait!

Anyway, things have been a but busy lately, but I'm hoping to post more often very soon now.