Saturday, November 19

Kool-Aid vs Crystal Lite

It is now official. I've been drinking Kool-Aid and uber cheap no-name brand drink mix for a while now. Yes, I'm adding artificial sweetener, but buying it in bulk let's me do so for a much lower price than presweetened drink mix.

I'm haven't grown an extra antenna or anything like that yet.

The real trick appears to be finding flavors that don't require a large amount of sweetener to make them reasonable for consumption. So far, grape or fruit punch seem to be the best bets. Cherry is a recipe for heartburn while lemon lime does rude things to the throat.

Tags: Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, Frugality

Frugal Guy said...
First time visitor? Start on my blog overview page...

Have your own blog? Please add it to my blog directory!

If you've found help, hope or laughter here, please consider linking to my blog or perhaps a particular post...

Thanks!

2 comments:

Christopher Trottier said...

I've never been able to drink that stuff. It's so... artificial.

ChangeMe said...

Yeah, I hear you.

I am finding the grape to be the most benign... but I won't suggest it tastes like real grape juice!